The Polk County Sheriff's Office/Jail Division is responsible for the creation and maintenance of an account for each individual booked into the Polk County Jail.
When an inmate is brought to the jail monies are collected from the inmate, inventoried, signed and placed in a safe.
The next business day monies are deposited into a new commissary account or a previous account is reactivated and the monies are deposited into that account, a receipt is generated and given to the inmate.
When an inmate is discharged from the jail he/she will be issued a debit card for the balance of their commissary account during normal business hours.
If a inmate receives commissary monies after discharging from the jail the monies will be returned to the address it was mailed from.
No cash is accepted from the public, only mailed money orders or cashier's checks are deposited into the inmate's commissary account.
These deposits are credited to the inmate's commissary account and a receipt is generated, which is then sent to the inmate as notification of the deposit being made.
Commissary charges accrued by the inmate are deducted from the inmate's commissary account and a receipt is generated and sent to the inmate.
Money orders or cashier's checks can be mailed to the inmate at Polk County Jail 1733 N. Washington Livingston, Texas 77351 for deposit into their account. Make money orders or cashier's checks payable to the inmate. We will not accept cash through the mail. Do not try to deliver commissary money in person at the jail.
Any questions concerning a deposit should first be addressed by the inmate using the standard procedures of the Polk County Jail. Any other questions should be addressed to the issuer of the financial instrument.
Responses to questions about the balance of any inmate's account will only be addressed to the inmate. No information about the balance will be divulged to any other person. Individuals needing such information for law enforcement or court proceedings will be granted access upon written request or subpoena, whichever is appropriate.
Tiger Commissary Web Deposit Instructions
(Do not change X's to SO number in payment screen)
***Tiger charges 10% of amount added
- Click on Tiger Commissary.com (Tiger Commissary customer service # 1-877-844-3726)
- Click on send inmate gift
- Follow prompts:
- Select a facility
- State: Texas / County: Polk / Facility: Polk County Detention Facility
- Then click on web deposits
- Then find correct inmate on choose an inmate section(can click on first letter of last name at the top)
- Then follow instructions for payment information on screen
INMATE VISITATION POLICIES
ASK STAFF MEMBERS IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS Visitation Hours at the Polk County Jail
Men's visitation hours are:
Saturday 7AM to 1PM
Sunday 1PM to 7PM
Woman's visitations hours are:
Saturday 1PM to 7PM
Sunday 7AM to 1PM
Each inmate will be allowed two twenty minute visits per week as noted in the inmate handbook. Both visits may occur on the same day or one on each day. Children 16 years old and younger do not count as a visit and must be accompanied by an adult on the Inmate Visitation List.
The Polk County Jail is Located at 1733 N. Washington Livingston, Texas 77351
The Jail Administrator is Capt. Brent Phillips
Jail Phone number: 936-327-6822
Visitation Rules and Regulations
Identification and Personal Property:
- Visitors must have a valid state or federal ID card or driver's license with photograph
- Visitors 17 years of age and older are required to have proper ID.
- Visitors 16 years of age or younger must be accompanied by a visitor 17 years of age or older.
- Up to 1 adult 17 years of age or older and 2 children under 17 years of age may visit.
- No purse, bags, weapons, phone, recording devices, camera's, writing instruments, etc.
- No liquids or foods.
- No items may be left attended in the lobby area.
- No food, packages, mail, or photograph may be left for an inmate.
The Polk County Sheriff's office is charged with the responsibility of seeing to the health, safety, and well-being of those housed in our custodial facility. To address this important responsibility we must maintain order and decorum. Consequently, visitors to this facility must present and maintain an appropriate style of dress, behavior, and conduct in keeping with the needs of this institution.
Clothing, demeanor, and / or actions which may be acceptable else where are not necessarily acceptable in this environment. Here, we must consider those who are required to live here first, therefore, the following visitors attire though not inclusive, is posted for your information and guidance.
The following attire is not permitted:
- No revealing clothing (bust, midriff, or underwear).
- No sleeves shorter than halfway down the upper arm.
- No see through attire.
- No spandex or tights without shorts.
- No dress/skirt/shorts including slit above mid-thigh
- No clothing displaying obscene, offensive language or drawing or gang affiliation.
THEIR DECISIONS ARE FINAL!
FINES AND COURT COSTS
Paying Fines and court Costs:
- To pay fines and court costs, go to the Polk County Jail Located at 1733 N. Washington Livingston, Texas 77351. It is open twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, including all holidays.
- Payment of fines and/or court costs is required in cashier's check, traveler's check or money-orders.
- No personal checks are accepted.
- No change can be made.
Persons sentenced to the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) in Polk County are processed through the Polk County Jail. Our mission is to ensure a smooth transfer from the Sheriff's Office to the TDCJ (TDCJ State Jail, Boot Camp, SAFPF, ISF, etc.). Sentenced Inmates are transferred upon notification by the TDCJ.
Polk County Jail tracks persons in custody of the Polk County Sheriff's Office for parole violations. Tracking the parole violators and working with the Texas Department of Parole helps to ensure smooth and quick hearings or release for violators.
The T.D.C.J main information line is 936-437-8035
The T.D.C.J release information line is 1-800-535-0283
The Huntsville Office of T.D.C.J Parole Division is 936-295-5217
TDCJ Link http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/